Nipissing First Nation continues to strive to promote educational achievement and lifelong learning for our members. Our goal is to provide support, guidance and programming for all of our learners.
We, the Anishinabek, are responsible to educate our children so that in the generations to follow there will always be Anishinaabe. Our Education System will strive to ensure a quality of life based on the highest standards of Anishinaabe intellectual, holistic knowledge that supports the preservation and ongoing development of the Anishinaabe.
Nipissing First Nation pays ‘tuition fees’ to the Boards for each of our on-reserve students who are enrolled in elementary and secondary schools within off-reserve Boards. We receive ‘reverse tuition’ fees from the Ministry of Education for each student who lives off-reserve and attends Nbisiing Secondary School.
Early Years Screening
Parents/Guardians of children beginning Junior Kindergarten are urged to have vision, hearing and speech/language screening done in the spring prior to the September school start date. Visit the Nipissing District Developmental Screen website for a checklist of important skills expected of 3 and 4 year olds.
Our elementary and secondary students are enrolled in four local provincial School Boards: Near North District School Board, Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board, Conseil scolaire public du nord-est de l’Ontario and Conseil scolaire catholique Franco-Nord.
- Anishinabek Education System Consents * required every year
- Authorization for Release of Information (Student Information Consent Sheet)
- Elementary Secondary Feeder Schools
- Nbisiing Bus Lines
- Nbisiing Secondary School Manual 2018-2019
- Nipissing-Parry Sound Student Transportation Services
- NFN Elementary and Secondary Policy & Guidelines
- NFN Post Secondary Education Assistance Policy
- NFN Special Education Plan
- Student Incentive Program
- Student Information and Bussing Sheet
- Welcome Back to School Brochure 2018-2019 (Elementary)
Tracy Hanzlik, Kinoomaadiwgamgoon / Kinoomaagewin Waadookaaged (Elementary/Secondary Education Support Worker)
705-753-6995 ext. 3014 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Allaire, Kinoomaagewin Niigaanzi-E-naakniged (Director of Education)
705-753-6995 ext. 3013 | email@example.com
Binoojiiyag Enji-Kinoomaagsiwaad (Education Centre)
70 Semo Road, Garden Village ON P2B 3K2