Our Annual Community Meeting was held on Saturday, November 23rd in Garden Village and was very well-attended. Staff from our various programs and services hosted information and display booths to update community members on what they’ve accomplished in the past year, and what they’re working on in the year ahead.
The following presentations were provided:
- Chief Scott McLeod – Opening Remarks
- Earl Commanda – Robinson Huron Treaty Confederation
- Jennifer Simpson – Robinson Huron Treaty Confederation
The following documents were distributed:
- Annual Report 2018-2019
- Nipissing 2013 Boundary Claim Trust Update (November 2019)
- Lincluden Investment Management – Nipissing Portfolio Update (September 2019)
- Mawer Investment Management – Nipissing Portfolio Update (September 2019)
The morning culminated with the screening of the Nipissing Warriors Documentary in Anishinaabemwin and draw prizes. A link to the video will be posted as soon as it is available.
Chi-Miigwech to the Ojibway Women’s Lodge for providing breakfast despite not receiving any of the food items they had pre-ordered from a food service company. The staff still managed to put out a nice continental breakfast, and their resourcefulness and hard work to pull this off was greatly appreciated.