Seeking Off-Reserve Trustee for 3-Year Term
(Jan 1, 2020 to Dec 31, 2022)
Nipissing Members who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply for the off-reserve seat on the Board of Trustee for the Nipissing First Nation 2013 Boundary Claim Trust:
- Be a member who has attained at least the age of eighteen years as of the date of his or her appointment as a Nipissing Trustee;
- Completed high school or the equivalency of a GED;
- Is not a member of Council as of the date of his or her appointment, as a Nipissing Trustee;
- Up to the time of applying for the position of Nipissing Trustee not have been declared to be mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction in Canada or elsewhere;
- Not have been convicted of an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada that is an indictable offence or a dual offence which the Crown elected to proceed by way of indictment in the five-year period immediately prior to applying for the position of Nipissing Trustee;
- Not have been declared a bankrupt pursuant to provisions of the Bankruptcy Act in the five year period immediately prior to applying for the position of Nipissing Trustee;
- Not have been convicted of an offence under such laws relating to the possession, possession for the purpose of trafficking, or trafficking of a prohibited drug in the five-year period immediately prior to applying for the position of a Nipissing Trustee; and
- The individual must agree in writing to become a party to, and be bound by, the terms of the Trust Agreement and to faithfully and to the best of his or her abilities to carry out the duties of Nipissing Trustee by signing a Nipissing Undertaking of a Trustee’s Certificate.
Interested Nipissing members shall provide the following information:
- A current detailed resume.
- A statement declaring that you are not in un-discharged bankrupt or insolvent.
- A current Certified Criminal Records Check.
As required under the Nipissing Trust Agreement the selection of the Nipissing Trustee for this vacant seat shall be a Nipissing Member who resides off Reserve. The appointment will be for a three (3) year term effective January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022.
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked confidential no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, December 13th, 2019 to:
Nipissing First Nation
36 Semo Road
Garden Village, Ontario P2B 3K2
or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download this notice.