A new schedule showing all ice times and program bookings is now available: Click here to view the 2019 – 2020 Schedule.
A rink monitor has been hired to attend the rink periodically to ensure that the schedule is followed (open/family skate = no hockey, and the age limits for the children are adhered to). This may mean that the monitor asks people to get sticks/puck off the ice or asks older players to leave and return for their scheduled time. We hope that this helps to address some of the concerns.
On Wednesdays, the Native Child Welfare Program worker has booked the rink from 6 – 8pm for programming. During this time, please attend only if you are a participant of that activity.
Please note that the rink may need to close to protect the ice surface and safety of users if temperatures are above zero. Below is some helpful information about using the facility.
Accessing the Outdoor Rink
During the winter months, the entrance to the outdoor rink is through the change rooms. We will be installing snow guards and ice dam prevention material on the metal roofing to ensure the safety of facility users in case of falling snow and ice, however please be aware that falling snow or ice may still be a hazard. Washrooms are available during daytime hours. Lights will automatically turn off at 10 p.m.
Guidelines for Using the Facility
The following guidelines are in place to ensure the safe enjoyment of the facility by community members:
- The outdoor rink is for Day Use by NFN Members, and guests accompanying members.
- There will be an ice attendant on duty periodically, however the facility is unsupervised.
- The property is monitored by video surveillance.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult and helmet use is strongly recommended.
- Users assume full risk and individual responsibility for use of the Facilities. NFN Management is not responsible for any accidents or injuries resulting from use of the facility.
- No smoking, alcohol or drugs are permitted on the property.
- No glass or food is permitted on the rink surface. No pets are permitted on the property.
- Users are asked to remove all personal property and litter upon leaving the facility and to notify the nearest NFN representative immediately upon recognizing any potential or existing hazard.
The availability of the rink will change seasonally as this is a shared use facility with NFN Recreation Programming and the facility is not available for rental at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Patrick Stevens, Facilities Manager
705-753-2050 ext. 1220