A new television production named Unsettled began filming at Nipissing on February 3rd. The schedule for the week of February 17th is as follows:
- Monday, February 17: Family Day (no filming)
- Tuesday, February 18: Garden Village (Admin Building – New Wing Reception, Boardroom, Glass Hallway and Gym)
- Wednesday, February 19: Duchesnay (Community Hall & The New Duchesnay Store)
- Thursday, February 20: Duchesnay (Coffee Time building)
- Friday, February 21: Duchesnay (Coffee Time building)
Updates and future filming schedules will be posted to our website as they become available.
Unsettled is a new ten-episode drama series that will be filmed almost entirely on Nipissing First Nation as authorized by Chief & Council.
Unsettled is produced by Jennifer Podemski and Derek Diorio of Hard Rock Medical and will air on TVO and APTN. It is the first dramatic series in history to be financially supported by the Canadian Media Fund’s Indigenous Language portfolio, and 20% of each episode will be in Anishinaabemwin.
Unsettled follows an urban Indigenous family who loses their fortune and must move from Toronto to a Northern Ontario First Nation.
The production aims to hire an entirely Indigenous cast and crew, and has been sourcing services and supplies from our First Nation vendors as much as possible. The open casting calls resulted in over 50 Indigenous community members landing roles as principal actors, actors and background performers – out of 55 roles, 50 are Indigenous characters played by Indigenous actors!