The Summer Children’s Program (SCP) is offered for a period of 6 weeks during the summer, each year. It supports families and children (aged 6 – 12 years) and summer students (for employment).
The program offers a wide variety of memorable experiences, a sense of community and lasting friendships. Daily activities range from creative arts, cooking, science to sports and land-based and cultural teachings.
The 2020 SCP was cancelled due to COVID-19.
- The program operates from 9:00am – 3:00pm Monday – Friday for six weeks
- At this time, the program is offered at no cost to NFN community members and includes transportation from outlying areas, staffing, all activities, outings/trips.
- Snacks and lunch not included (must be sent by parents/caregivers)
- Registration for the Summer Children’s Program takes place in June each year and is limited to 60 spaces
- Acceptance is based on eligibility and priority
- All staff are certified in First Aid/CPR
Manager of Children’s Services
Nipissing First Nation Health Services
58 Semo Road
Garden Village, ON P2B 3K2
Phone: 705-753-2050 ext. 3001
To contact staff by email, please visit our Contact Us page.