* Deadline extended for 2021 *
According to NFN’s Medical Health fund policy, applications for the previous fiscal year are usually due by April 30th. Due to delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic, this date has been extended to May 14, 2021.
The Nipissing First Nation Medical Health Fund was established to provide financial assistance for health related expenses not covered by other health benefit plans or funding sources. Approvals are subject to the availability of funds per fiscal year (April to March).
The Nipissing First Nation Medical Health Fund criteria apply to:
- Registered Nipissing First Nation member;
- Children and youth 16 years of age and under at the time the eligible expense was incurred and where the parent or legal guardian is a Registered Nipissing First Nation member;
- The expense is not covered by other health benefit plans or funding sources (i.e. fundraising) or the applicant provides documentation that other health benefit plans or funding sources have been exhausted;
- Expenses have not exceeded the maximum allowable per applicant per fiscal year;
- Eligible expenses must be applied to the fiscal year (April to March) in which the expense was incurred. Applicants may submit expenses up to and including April 30th of each year for the prior fiscal year (April to March); and
- Expenses submitted after April 30th* for a prior fiscal year will not be considered.
* Note: Deadline extended to May 14, 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information or to submit an application to the Medical Health Fund please see the Nipissing First Nation Medical Health Fund Policy,
Medical Health Fund Application, which includes an Acknowledgement and Waiver form.
Non-Insured Health Benefits Coordinator
705-753-3312 ext. 2233
To contact staff by email, please visit our Contact Us page.