The Native Child Welfare Prevention Program provides children and youth with programs in the community to enhance the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of our children and youth utilizing a holistic approach.
Our programming is split between two age groups: 6-12 years and 13 -24 years. We have a male and a female support worker who work hard to coordinate new and exciting programs each month to keep our youth engaged. Some of this programming includes:
- Craft and Movie Nights
- Kids’ Socials and Theme Nights
- Family Programming including Moccasin Making, Shaker & Rattle making.
The Native Child Welfare Prevention Program continues to facilitate and develop special projects while working with other community programs in various educational activities throughout the year.
- Welcoming Babies with Lawrence Commanda Health Centre (LCHC);
- National Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration;
- Movie Nights with NFN Food Bank.
Katie Lariviere, Prevention Worker (ages 6-12)
705-753-2050 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacant, Prevention Worker (ages 13-24)
Follow the Nipissing First Nation Native Child Welfare Program and NFN Events Facebook pages for updates!