Public Works takes direction from Chief and Council and implements the Strategic Plan and Goals via the Chief Executive Officer. Each year, we develop an Annual Work Plan which includes bringing the roads to MTO Standard Grade and building, upgrading and maintaining infrastructure.
Nipissing First Nation maintains over 50 kilometres of roads linking 11 settlement areas across our 30 kilometre land base stretching from Duchesnay (near North Bay, Ontario) to Garden Village (near Sturgeon Falls, Ontario).
In addition to overseeing and completing road construction and maintenance, Public Works is also responsible for:
- Clean-Up Week & Goods Exchange Days
- Community Wayfinding Signage
- Dumping & Demolition Permits
- Fallen Trees on Roadways
- Fleet Vehicle Inspection – NFN holds a license from the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and is a Qualified Motor Vehicle Inspection Station
- Garbage & Recycling Collection
- Maintenance and upkeep work across our communities
- Road Culverts (and culvert installations at cost)
- Sand & Gravel Permits
- Snow Removal and Road Salting
- Street Lights & 911 Signage*
- Water & Waste Water Treatment
View the Public Works Brochure for other helpful information about the services we provide.
* 911 signs, garbage and recycle bins can be purchased at the Finance department, and picked up at Public Works, for the following costs: 911 signs ($83.90), garbage bins ($84.95) and recycle bins ($70).
Terry Larivière, Eniigaanzid Gwajiing Nokiiwin (Public Works Supervisor)
705-753-4167 ext. 4001 | email@example.com
Sarah Lafantaisie, Ezhibiiged Gwajiing Nokiiwin (Public Works Clerk)
705-753-4167 ext. 4000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
After Hours / Emergency Contacts
Terry Larivière, Public Works Supervisor
Patrick Stevens, Facilities Manager